Everything You Need to Become a Florida Notary, All in One Place
Welcome to the American Association of Notaries. Since 1994, we've helped hundred of thousands of people
in Florida and across the country become notaries. With our guidance and expertise, you will become
a skilled Florida notary capable of providing accurate and efficient notarial services.
That is our mission.
The American Association of Notaries is the only source you need to become a Florida notary. We can assist you with:
What Our Florida Customers Say
You've got a great company. What I saw on the website was exactly what I got. The quality of the merchandise surpassed what I expected. Plus, you gave me a free downloadable booklet AND free membership for a year. So, I commend you guys and thank you for a terrific experience.
I was so impressed by my notary stamp when I received it from your company today by UPS! I tried another place for my stamp, but was fooled by their advertisement that in all intents and purposes gave the impression of my requested notary stamp being included in the deal, but when received, I realized it was not--I got an embosser for my money, a lot to say the least. When I called to confirm, they stated it did not come with the order. I asked: "I guess I have to use my notary skills for now on if I ever intended on using your company again." It was truly a sad experience, until I bought from you!
I, too, am writing because when I opened the package, which got to the house in good condition, I noticed a letter inside stating my membership and the card was enclosed. When I looked for the card it was not in the package received from you. I would be grateful to your sending me the card so I can activate my membership online, ASAP! I hope I may receive some time in the near future from you.
Thanks for the "incredible experience of my buying from you..."
Thanks so very much for the stellar service I received with my initial order! My order was received accurately and within 24 hours even though it was during holiday season. I (and especially my client) can't thank you enough and will share my experience often.
I wanted to e-mail you guys and compliment your staff on excellent service. Very fast and professional from start to finish. Made sure everything was correct and I appreciate it. I will make sure all my future notary needs are obtained from American Association of Notaries. Very pleased with my purchase. Thank You
Shaun B. Morton
It amazes me how fast you get my orders out. Most places I’ve waited a couple weeks just for the Item to be shipped.
Thank you for sending the supplies so promptly. I look forward to my membership with you
Thank you for all of your help! I received my seal, embosser, and journal this afternoon (Friday) and all look correct.
Have a signature day!
Thank you for the quick turnaround on my recent order. Your web site was easy to use, the instructions for ordering were easy to follow, the payment process was flawless, and I received my order within five days. I appreciate it all.
Just completed the course over the weekend. Thanks for offering it! It will be a nice supplement to my legal academics.
Thank you for your prompt response to my request. I have theWestern Surety documents (the rider and POA). Your service has been excellent. I shall use your company in future and will highly recommend your firm to whomever I can. Thank you again for your excellent service.
Shop Our Florida Notary Supplies
Our notary stamps conform to Florida notary law requirements and are manufactured in-house using only the highest-quality materials.Shop
All of our Florida notary seal embossers are laser engraved and require minimal effort to produce sharp raised notary seal impressions.Shop
The AAN is one of the nation's top providers of quality notary supplies. We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our notary supplies.Shop
Our notary journals are easy to use and conform to Florida notary laws. Every notary supplies order includes a free e-notary guide.Shop
Informational Florida Notary Articles
Assessing Notarial Fees
Most notaries have a good understanding of what they can charge for performing a notarial act, but calculating fees becomes confusing when dealing with multiple notarial certificates or signatures. Because overcharging for a notarization may be grounds for suspension or violate the state's code of ethics for public officers, notaries must exercise caution and discretion when determining their fees.Read Article
Handling Incompetent Signers
Unfortunately, many families wait until tragedy strikes to get their state of affairs in order. Depending on the severity of the tragedy, it could be too late to use the services of a notary public.Read Article
How to Become a Florida Notary:
Compared to other states, Florida has few eligibility requirements to become a notary. The process is simple and affordable (from $79.00) for a four-year Florida notary term. To become a notary in Florida, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a legal resident of the State of Florida
- Be able to read, write, and understand the English language
- Not have been convicted of a felony
If you meet these qualification requirements, follow the steps below to become a Florida notary.
- Take a notary educational course (available for free on the State’s website). All first-time notary applicants are required to take a notary educational course and read Chapter 117 of the Florida Statutes. The Florida's Governor Office offers a free online notary education course at their website.
- Complete a Florida notary application on our website (or print and mail it to us). Our application wizard will guide you step-by-step through the notary application process. The American Association of Notaries is an approved vendor with the Florida Governor's Office to file notary applications on behalf of notaries. Click here to start the Florida notary application process.
- Purchase a four-year, $7500 notary bond (required by Florida notary law). This bond protects the public from errors made by the notary. You can purchase the bond while completing the online notary application process. The cost of the notary bond is only $40.00 for a four-year term.
- Purchase a notary stamp and a notary journal to authenticate and record notarized documents. All of our Florida notary stamps and seals are made in-house and come with a lifetime warranty. No questions asked! We will ship you the notary supplies and your Florida notary commission certificate from the Florida Department of State once you are approved as a Florida notary.
Florida notary bonds and errors and omissions insurance policies provided by this insurance agency, the American Association of Notaries, Inc., are underwritten by Western Surety Company (established 1900). Kal Tabbara is a licensed insurance agent in Florida.